Wednesday, December 31, 2014

November to December 2014 Art created by me

My latest creations from November through to December 2014. Let me walk you through the different pieces and why I created them. I have other items but have not photographed them yet. Maybe I will post them here later or wait until January. Merry Christmas and Happy Near Year. Hope you all have a blessed 2015.

The quilled cross above was created for pastor appreciation month in October 2014. It sits in a 4 by 6 frame. I gave it to the pastor.

 There is a retired co-worker who is dealing with brain cancer. She has been desiring something quilled from me for awhile. She loves the color purple. It is large star or snowflake. It is possibly 5 or 6 inches across when you place it in your hand. It was meant to be as a Christmas ornament. Created October 2014.

For the picture above I taught a quilling class in either October or November at the Troy Library and we made snow man cards. I got my inspiration from online.
 This a pin to made to wear on jacket or shirt. It is rolled paper beads from newspapers and coupon ads from the newspaper or magazine pages. I added quilled tulips in a basket on top of the beads.

 The top and bottom photos are from the last craft show in November 2014. Almost all my cards sold. Very happy about that. Click on the photos to closer view of the items on the table.
 The top and bottom photos are from the last craft show in November 2014.

 The top and bottom cards are from the class I taught in either October or November at the Troy Library and we made snow man cards. I got my inspiration from online.

 I have been making paper beads like crazy. Mainly while watching television I roll the beads. I plan making things like cards, necklaces and earrings and anything else that comes to mind. I am hooked on this too. Do you notice the clear thumbtack in the middle of the picture below. I thought I put the thumbtack in to show how big the beads are.

 In the above picture is some more ornaments I made with beads some medium to small (3 inches or smaller, plus there is a nickle in the picture). They all come with fishing line to hang them on whatever size Christmas tree the customer might have. They are being sold at the craft shows I sit at.

 The above picture is a mini card (possibly 3 by 5 tiny) that I added paper beads to to be sent to someone on facebook that was trading paper beads with me through one of the paper beads group I follow. The beads I made for the trade are showed in the pictures below.
 The pictures above and below of the paper beads I created for a trade on facebook. I rolled the beads from newspapers or magazines, then coated them with nail polish then sealed them with modge podge to take away the nail polish smell.
The pictures above and below of the paper beads I created for a trade on facebook. I rolled the beads from newspapers or magazines, then coated them with nail polish then sealed them with modge podge to take away the nail polish smell.

 The above picture of a quilled cat I gave to a co-worker for Christmas who loves cats. It is an ornament to be hanged on a Christmas tree.  I got my inspiration from looking at other quilled cat projects on the web.
 In the above picture is some more ornaments I made with beads some medium to small (3 inches or larger to possibly 5 or 6 inches, plus there is a nickle in the picture). They all come with fishing line to hang them on whatever size Christmas tree the customer might have. They are being sold at the craft shows I sit at.

No comments:

Post a Comment