Skip to main content


Showing posts from August, 2013

I Taught 3 Classes for the Girl Scouts at Camp Is-Sho-Da

I got the opportunity to teach three classes at Girl Scouts Camp Is-Sho-Da in Rensselaer County, NY this summer. I taught two quilling classes and one origami class. Each group had 5 or 6 girls in it who were in the 4th or 5th grade. They all seemed interested in the classes and were quick to learn. Some lost interest in the quilling after they made the first tag. But one of the groups I taught quilling to was able to create the second tag.  I enjoyed teaching the classes and hope to do it again. I even got the girls to fill out evaluations on my teaching and give me ideas for future classes. I also left my business card in the zip-lock bag kit I created for them to take home their projects.  I am thinking of trying to teach older girls for next time. I have noticed 8 to 10 year old's loose interest quickly or tire quickly. I have not noticed that response with adults yet. I had two hour sessions with each group I taught a class with. If any of the parents are unhappy with me post…

Recent Items I made or transformed

I have been going through my items to sell for the next craft show and re-gluing items, taking apart items and creating new parts to them which are labeled below with the before and after photos, and adding photos of items I never took pictures of. All of these updates/creations happened in 2013.

The bird above was not selling and I thought he looked messy. So I took off his back tail feathers. The below picture is the makeover of the new bird. The body of the bird is made from recycled manila file folders.

The picture below was the old bird that was not selling so I re-worked  his back tail feathers. You can click on the image to see the pictures much bigger.

The picture below is the makeover of the fancy bird. Almost similar  to the other bird re-made bird above. The body of the bird is made from  recycled manila file folders.

The mini cupcake below took possibly 3 or 4 hours to make. It is very tiny and is hollow inside.

I made this flower while teaching a class. I had it sitt…

Donation given to silent auctions for Mohawk Hudson Humane Society

Took the above image from the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society website.

Announcing the 9th Annual Art Auction
and Reception to Benefit MHHS

Thursday, October 3, 2013

5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Arts Center of the Capital Region
265 River Street, Troy, NY 12180

The evening will feature a cocktail reception and live and silent auctions of original artwork and handcrafted items. We are very pleased to have WNYT Channel 13 Meteorologist Jason Gough as emcee of the event.

Link to the event to find more info:

I did donate an art piece to the silent auctions that will be going on at this event. Here is the art work I submitted.

The Gold bowl is made from recycled manila file folders that was spray painted gold after I finished assembling the piece.

I donated two years ago to this event. I hope to donate to future events similar to this event that support animals. I am an animal lover and my heart goes out to them.

Yellow Star Vase

Yellow Star vase: Created in March or April 2013. I forgot to take a pictures and post this sooner. It is made out of recycled manila file folders yellow and tan colors. Took over ten hours possibly 20 hours. I did not keep track of the time but it took a long time.  I started out hoping to create a dress and a women out of it but it turned into this instead.

Quilling and Zentangle 3d Purple Doll

The 3d doll took me 11 hours to create her. I started first with the skirt and zentangled with a Bic purple pen and created the pattern from ideas online. I sketched it out first in pencil then erased the pencil marks and went over it in pen. The zentangle part took three hours just for the Bic pen part. Then I built the body around the skirt. The arms took the longest and struggled with them. I never add faces to the dolls because I am afraid I will mess it up and have to start it over. Quilling paper was used for the body. I used manila file folders and shredded my own strips for the skin tone. I had feathers at home so I cut some pieces off and added to the hat. The doll was finished on July 30, 2013.