Sunday, April 21, 2013

Bus pass roses and quilled vase

I take the bus to work and use a bus swiper most of the time. I use the one day CDTA (Captial District Transportation Association) bus pass on rare occasions when I do not have money for the full month pass. Rather then throwing way the paper one day swipers I thought I make them into roses. I cut them out into tear drop shapes or you can cut out heart shapes to be the main shapes. I then start wrapping them around the bud and continue to build from there. I do not count the amount of petals I use. I just build until it looks like a healthy flower. Then add a wire through it so it can stand in a vase. The vase is made from left over wrapping paper rolls from Christmas that I got from a co-worker that I painted blue. I kept wrapping the strips around each other in a circle until I satisfied with the width. Maybe bigger then a silver dollar. Then I push out the center and shape it trying to prevent the paper from popping out of place and having to start over. The the super messy part where I went inside the vase and glued paper strips from the inside of circle and continued to build that and it brings the circle smaller to get the neck of the vase. I let it dry for a day. I added quilled flowers to the outside of the vase that are white and purple. I glued little beads to the front of the flowers.

I plan on using this to decorate the display case at the East Greenbush Library. I will have one whole display case that is seen at the entrance to the Library for the whole month of June. The library had opening and posted on facebook and I answered. I am preparing for that.  I am very excited about this.





2 comments:

  1. I love the way you made the vase and the flower detail on it! Beautiful color combination!

    Happy Quilling!
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea. Love the roses and decoration of the vase.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete